WELL, as an event planner, I decided to take on the immense task of planning my own wedding, and it was hard, but so, so incredibly worth it. It was an absolute dream.
Adam and I met at Cornell University as seniors in college, and our first date came out of a fundraising date auction... yes, Adam paid his way to a first date with me. Apparently, it worked. After nearly 5 years together, Adam proposed, in Ithaca, on my favorite holiday, July 4, 2016. It was truly magical:
Anyway, we obviously decided that we had to get married in Ithaca, too, to complete the trifecta: meet, proposal, wedding.
Although I've planned events for years, after planning our wedding, I have a newfound appreciation for the struggle of the bride and groom: how to possibly please everyone, how to pay for that item outside of your budget, and how to feel relaxed the day-of. Thankfully, I had my amazing friend, Maureen Higgins, who managed our day-of, not to mention all of the amazing details. I am so, so grateful.
It was a perfect 80 degree day in September, Ithaca, NY, a town notorious for variable weather. Everything went perfectly.
There are no words to describe your own wedding ceremony and walking down the aisle, married to your best friend. I mean, how lucky are we?
First looks are always a good idea.
Some sweet moments with my Pop pre-ceremony.
A & I had a blended Jewish / Episcopalian wedding ceremony - with vows we wrote ourselves. I mean... tears.
We wanted a clean, airy, feel for our reception decor.
Mostly white with navy accents + pink.
I never thought I liked pink...!
When there's a golden hour...
- Venue: Treman Center
- Caterer: Macro Mamas
- Photographer: RachelLizPhotography
- Videographer: A-Frame Digital
- Rentals: McCarthy Tents & Events
- Florist: Ithaca Flower Shop
- Entertainment: Encore Events
- Stationery / Signage / Details: Stone Fruit
- Groom Tuxedo: Enzo Custom
- Wedding Dress: Hayley Paige via Glamour Closet Chicago
- Bridal Hair: Mariangela Moore
- Bridesmaid Hair: Shear Style Hair Salon
- Bridal Makeup: Miel Beauty Bar
- Desserts: Darling Cake // Purity Ice Cream Co.
- Wedding Coordinator: Maureen Higgins of Stone Fruit